Getting your Test Results
If your test results show that you need more tests or treatment, we will contact you.
If you would like to speak to us about your test results please:
- contact us online using Patchs or
- phone us after 10:00 when the telephones are less busy and the reception staff have the time to find the results for you.
Important information for patients who bring in Urine Specimens for testing:
There have been important changes made to the way the surgery deals with Urine Samples for testing:
The decision to make these changes were made to ensure that our patients are being clinically managed appropriately and safely. We are following the latest clinical evidence and guidance.
In Future, we will now only accept Urine Specimens at reception which:
- Have been requested by a clinician (we need to know who has requested this sample)
- Are accompanied by a completed Urine Sample Form (located at Reception) which MUST be completed by the patients/person dropping of the sample
Patients who fall into the below category will need to arrange a telephone consultation and a sample should (NOT) be dropped of without speaking with a clinician.
- Under 18 years of age
- Over 65 years old
- Have a long-term catheter
All urine samples take 3-5 days to be processed by the pathology lab, therefore if you feel your symptoms require immediate attention, please ensure you advise the receptionist were you will be signposted to a appropriate clinician.